Monday, February 1, 2010

Pancakes!

I LOVE pancakes and this is one of the best recipes for them that I've found. I'm so excited about them that I'm sharing them with all of you :)



Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes




3 TBL all purpose flour

2 tsp sugar

1 tsp baking powder

2 eggs

1/2 c ricotta cheese

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 ozs fresh blueberries


In a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs and ricotta until well blended. Gently fold in blueberries.


Pour 1/4 c batter onto hot griddle or pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top, then flip to brown the other side. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!


addendum: after making these I have a few revisions to make. First you're definitely going to want to double the recipe because using the 1/4 c measure the pancakes were really small and it only barely served 5. Second I ended up adding a bit more sugar, about another TBL just to make them a bit sweeter and another tsp of vanilla. Other than that these were awesome and I can't wait to try it with other berries!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids love pancakes- i'll try this one-sounds nummy!

trinkie said...

sorry, that anonymous was me

Cristin said...

just two nights ago we were watching a cooking show with Bobby Flay and he put Ricotta in pancakes and I thought HOW YUMMY!!

of course hubs HATES ricotta so if I want them I have to make them myself... which I just may do and not share any with him.